Clams Canino

Default Should I disconnect the VRO system?

In my opinion the VRO is just one more thing that can fail and lead to
catastrophic failure.
I'm not an OMC dood, but I bet plugging the 2 lines would do it. Then
pre-mix.

That "something" that went through the block may or may not have been VRO
related. A broken rod bolt will throw "something" through the block too -
and it's not pretty.

-W

"ted" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a 1985 Johnson 120HP VRO that threw something through the block
leaving the a hole the size of a quarter. Someone suggested that the VRO
system may have failed.

I am now replacing the damaged motor with a 1986 Johnson 90 HP VRO.
Would it be a good idea to remove the VRO and use premixed gas instead?
If so, how do I go about disconnecting the VRO system?

Thank you in advance for your replies on this question

Thanks,
Ted