Harry Krause

Default What do you assholes

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 23:19:12 GMT, "Jim -"
wrote:

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
. ..
On 07 Oct 2003 20:28:37 GMT, (JDavis1277) wrote:

In New Mexico where I was raised we certainly knew who and what hippies were
and we had a bunch of them. I never met one that I didn't like.

They were easy to catagorize by dress, language, mannerisms, life style, and
drug use.

I suppose there were no beatnicks?

Butch

To illustrate how goofy this can get...... using dress, language,
mannerisms, life style, and drug use as a predictor, how would you
categorize Rush Limbaugh?

Thirty-five years ago most "Hippies" called themselves "freaks"
because of the way people who were quick to "categorize" looked at
them....

If I understand you correctly, then we agree. Just because a person had long hair and
wore ragged jeans did not mean they were a bad person. Unfortunately though, some
chose to see it that way.

Even today kids rebel against society. It can be in the way they dress, the music they
listen to or the way they wear their hair. In the end the vast majority grow out of
it, become part of the society they protest against and go to lead constructive lives.

Such is the case with the beatniks, the greasers, the hippies and the head bangers of
today.

As a old gray haired balding guy..... it makes perfect sense to me
that my son should want to grow hair down to his ass..... which is
what I did when I was his age and had any...

Noooooo...... now these rotten kids want to *shave* their heads.....
what perverts....

...and piercings..... this kid had walked from the beach up to a
service station where I was waiting to gas up..... waiting on a guy
that was filling up his boat (see that on-topic segue?) ding-ding-ding
and this young kid walks by with some big horseshoe shaped studs in
his NIPPLES! The guy filling up with gas (about my age) remarks,
"Man, that's got to really hurt!" and I shot back (crippling the guy
with laughter), "Yeah, and my Dad thought *I* did some stoopid ****."
He replied, "yeah, I had long hair...."

Somehow, I am sure, since the beginning of time, it has been the
assigned duty of every succeeding generation to find that special
something which befuddles, mystifies, and enrages the preceding
generation.

You know what? Time and generations march on... and status quo,
though appearing quite differently..... marches on as well.
Approaching the age of a grandfather, I think I can finally begin to
put aside most of the trappings of appearance that seem so strange and
see the person for who and what they really are...... but, DAMN,
that's STILL got to HURT!!!!!

Come to think of it.... wonder what having a girlfriend with a large
stud in her tongue would be like? I think I'll ask my wife......

Uh, if I don't get back to you tonight..... I'm O..K.. I'll be O..
K... Hey, hon.......

Heck, Gene...you look like an aging hippie...