Clams Canino

Default Help, bow won't lift up when accelerating

Since you've tried trimming the motor and putting the weight in the rear. I
think you're screwed by the hull design.

-W

"Guy Noir - private eye" wrote in message
Actually, my problem is a bit different, but maybe someone can help.
I've a 12 foot skiff and a 1962 Johnson 10hp which is ok for this boat. At
cruising speed, the bow seems to be lower than it should and sometimes

plows
into waves. I have tried adjusting the angle of the engine and have

myself, the
fuel tank and a milk crate of misc items in the back of the boat, but

still has
not improved matters any. With the motor tilted forward, acceleration has

the
bow pointed way up until I get on plane. At 90% throttle (~18mph) on

smooth
water, the bow seems to want to dig in some and makes handling scary. What
adjustments can I make?