Guy Noir - private eye

Default Help, bow won't lift up when accelerating

Actually, my problem is a bit different, but maybe someone can help.
I've a 12 foot skiff and a 1962 Johnson 10hp which is ok for this boat. At
cruising speed, the bow seems to be lower than it should and sometimes plows
into waves. I have tried adjusting the angle of the engine and have myself, the
fuel tank and a milk crate of misc items in the back of the boat, but still has
not improved matters any. With the motor tilted forward, acceleration has the
bow pointed way up until I get on plane. At 90% throttle (~18mph) on smooth
water, the bow seems to want to dig in some and makes handling scary. What
adjustments can I make?