K Smith

Default My alt. belt breaks alot Help please

Calif Bill wrote:
"Gould 0738" wrote in message

How's the tension. Properly adjusted?

It is the pulley's. My 351 was also going through belts. The 351 is a
marine engine from Ford and Red Line Marine in Lewiston, ID is a parts
distributor. The pulleys are only one the marine engine. Red Line ships,
the pulleys are not cheap. Pull the pulley's and check the numbers on them.
They are stamped in to the metal.
Bill

All the above, but also be aware the harmonic balancer (crankshaft
pulley) can move out of alignment on it's rubber bush as they get older.

Particularly so if you accelerate the engine hard with no load, as you
describe.

Also just confirm all the pulleys are the same profile (usually "A").

Marine belts on "normal" pulleys seem to last OK if properly aligned &
tensioned, so the slight surface rust you describe is not unique to your
boat.

This is an example of liar Harry's MO, he pretends he has actual
experience than he can say whatever, he invents his jetski so he can
spread his lies & hate in the jetski NGs, till they told him to sod off.

As far as your other complaints, well, almost every president in my memory,
and I *remember* Truman, Eisenhower (who cheated on his wife), Kennedy,
Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan and Bush, lied and participated in
deceit to one degree or another, and on issues far more important than who
was giving them blow jobs.

Good lord. I met *every* president in the damned group except Bush, and I
worked once for his father.