Wildest Dream

Default My alt. belt breaks alot Help please

P.S. it is a 1993, 351, OMC King Cobra.

"Wildest Dream" wrote in message
. net...
Hi does anyone have problems with alternator belts breaking 2 or 3 times a
yr. about 100 hrs./yr. Looks to me the cause is rust on the pulleys

grinding
down the belts and leaving a nasty rubber powder behind, I always keep a
spare on board never had to change out of port,(almost the last time out

but
I thought my partner lost the anchor and I was close to port.) never had

get towed yet thanks goodness. The pulleys look to be running true. I

think
it is when I start it the first time for the day I have to pump the carb.
alittle, (throttle) and leave it open some and the jump in rpm's and first
rust of the day pops it off. What do u think? Thank u all, Need Help in
Jersey.