Jonathan Ganz

Default By the way, Donal

Also, it's not just about wind speed. In protected waters, the
scale doesn't apply as directly as it does offshore. It's also
about wave heights and behavior.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Force 9 conditions is more properly called a gale or strong gale. Most
"sailors" consider anything about force 6 to be somewhat challenging. This

past
sunday we sailed in Force 7 and maybe Force 8 for a bit.
More than you could handle. But I suppose you call anything above force 5

heavy
air right up to force 12!!

But I'm sure you can quickly conjure up a story of how you were in this

storm
or that! And some folks here will believe you!

Bwahahahha!