Scott Vernon

Default By the way, Donal

Notice how Jeff ''seriously doubt ''s Bubbles' story , but not a word of
doubt concerning Donal.

--
Scotty, a man's only as good as his word.

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message
By the Beaufort Scale everyone else uses F9 is a "Strong Gale." To call

it a "gale"
simply means its somewhere between
F7 and F10 inclusive, although I've seen versions where F7 doesn't quite

count as a "gale"
even though its a "moderate gale."

I seriously doubt you were in F8. The Beaufort Scale measures "Sustained

Wind," not
gusts. Further, using the Beaufort scale in inland, protected waters is

rather deceptive.
Since you're claim F8, does that mean you had waveheights of 18-25 feet?

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Force 9 conditions is more properly called a gale or strong gale. Most
"sailors" consider anything about force 6 to be somewhat challenging.

This past
sunday we sailed in Force 7 and maybe Force 8 for a bit.
More than you could handle. But I suppose you call anything above force

5 heavy
air right up to force 12!!

But I'm sure you can quickly conjure up a story of how you were in this

storm
or that! And some folks here will believe you!

Bwahahahha!