Shen44

Default That was no rock that Bobadil struck!

Subject: That was no rock that Bobadil struck!
From: "Donal"
Date: 08/06/2003 01:54 Pacific Standard Time

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
Hey, stupid, I have NEVER seen a motorboat throw it in
reverse to avoid a collision. They have some sort of mental
block against it and that's a fact.

Last year I saw a survey vessel go into full astern to avoid a yacht that
was racing. The survey vessel had been broadcasting at least every 60
seconds that it was unable to alter course, and it was flying the correct
shapes. The radio waves almost turned blue after the incident.

The shapes that the survey ship was flying seemed to be the same size as the
shapes that I carry aboard. They were almost impossible to see on the ship.
Some sort of strobe light would be much more effective.

A problem with many day shapes (besides their size) is that they are carried in
areas (on mast and yardarms) where they can tend to blend in and/or be obscured
by various bits of equipment.
Not sure a strobe would be of any help in daylight.

Shen