Gould 0738

Default Wow! The Nobeltec chart library now available for Ten Bucks! (Not Spam.)

Just in over the fax:

summarized:

Noeltec has just released a product that will be offered for sale through
Nobeltec dealers. It's called eChart Planner.

According to the fax, eChart Planner is designed to function as an introductory
media for the entire line of Nobeltec navigation products. For $10, the
customer gets a CD-ROM that "allows the customer to plan their upcoming trips
using clear, colorful, and detailed vector planning charts from Nobeltec's
Passport Chart database. Other features include one year of tide and current
predictions, high-resolution chart printing, and US highway database:......"

Internet access is required for "registration, for downloading weather
predictions, and for activating the one-year of tide and current predictions.

Sounds like a lot more value than we boaters are accustomed to getting for ten
bucks. Think I'll drop in on my local Nobeltec guy and see if they have any
"review copies" for the media. :-)