The_navigator©

Default Question?

Nobody ever does -while helming.

Cheers MC

Scott Vernon wrote:

The few times I felt a little queasy , I was down below on hot days. Never
felt bad while helming.

Scotty

"NH_/)_" wrote in message
news
Humm Ok question answered -- I had better plan on getting sick

NH_/)_

"DSK" wrote in message

"NH_/)_" wrote:

I was reading another group...and a long time sailor said theystill
get the sickness, do any of you still get sick? after being outfor a
long period of time?

How long is a "long period of time?" Most people will adapt after less
than 48 hours, but I have known a few people who would be quite seasick
after a week at sea.

When conditions are bouncy. it makes me slightly queasy to be enclosed
in a small cabin trying to navigate or make some tedious repair, but
that's a fairly common effect AFAIK. Fresh air, a view of the horizon,
and taking an active role, are almost universal cures. Ginger is said to
help, we always keep a stock of ginger ale on board.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King