Scott Vernon

Default Real Sailors Only need Apply!!!

It may have been a refrigerator or a Buick.

Scotty

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message
I'm glad you appreciate how lame it sounds. It was only a few days ago

you were
criticizing me for preparing the boat with a compass & chart when sailing

in my home
waters. You whacked a rock yesterday and haven't looked yet to see what

you hit? Good
Grief!!!

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
And hitting a rock! I know the old sayings that all sailors have

touched
bottom on
occasion, but most of us only take risks like that when gunkholing, or

scrape
the mud in a

My only excuse...and man, it's lame!...is that I've sailed that area a

hundred
times and felt I was well clear of the rocks. The visual landmarks

appeared
correct from memory...and they weren't. I was lucky that the boat wasn't

flying
at that moment or I may have done damage.
I plan to have a look at the charts today and see what's what. I'm

guessing
that the P30 would not have touched bottom.

RB