Scout

Default Cedar bucket is full of Bertie

Yes, I found that a bit confusing at first. But we are talking about what,
150K years of mutation since the proposed exudos? The existing gene pool,
before the departure, had millions of years to produce the variations to
that point. So by comparison, our 'new' family is much younger, with less
time to evolve divergently (given that changes seen on the surface are
really just that shallow).
As a Euro-American, would I be out of line to say our native people, we
would have gotten here before you if we didn't have that big puddle in the
way? lol
Good stuff.
--
Scout
be back later - gotta take a Bertie

"Flying Tadpole" wrote
I was thinking of the rip-roaring Arab slave trade of the last
1500 or so years.

What I find intriguing with the "out of Africa" is that the
genetic variability of those who departed is far less than that
remaining in Africa; what's the estimate, about 100K "departed"
to produce such a narrow gene pool?

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com

Scout wrote:

Truth be told, I am a fairly-firm believer in 'the Real Eve' theory

(i.e.,
we are all 'out of Africa') as proposed by Oxford University's Stephen
Oppenheimer. Interesting stuff.
--
Scout
be back later - gotta take a Bertie

BTW, glad to see someone including the entire indo-european gene
pool as "white man", given the immaculate performance in the
development of empire of all the egyptian/mid-east and middle
asian civilisations!