GAZ

Default Need a new truck (advice, please?)

My brother in law uses his 95 dodge diesel to deliver travel trailers. It
now has 800,000 miles on it. He didn't pull the head until 614,000 miles.
Find a good used Dodge diesel. I've got 121,000 on my 98 with no major
problems.
Gordon
"Ignoramus30093" wrote in message
a.com...
In article , Butch Ammon

wrote:
Hello there...

Well, the fateful day is fast approaching. You all know I have that old

beatup
'87 Ford Ranger 4x4 (hey it's old, dinged, scratched - but it has
character!)...

My old Ranger has 139,000 miles, automatic tranny is messing up,
it's got a hole in the muffler, the A/C unit hasn't worked in 6-7

You know, I myself never use the A/C.

years, and just now it developed a hairline stress fracture in the
right side front brake rotor. I refuse to pay $300+ bucks to get
new brake rotors - because it's a 4x4 and the labor is a killer.

To get new brake rotors should cost you about $60. You can replace
them yourself in less than an hour.

I replaced brake pads and took rotors for turning ($10 apiece) and
then put them back, took me a little more than an hour of work, but it
was about -5degrees F in the garage. In summer it should be easier.

Anyway, I desperately need a new pickup truck, and one with power to
tow my boat with. I absolutely refuse to get a new truck. I mean,
I won't even look at a 2003 Chevy, Ford, Dodge at around $35,000
only to drive it off the dealer lot and have it worth $28,000 or
thereabouts.

My wife and I have a 99 GMC Jimmy 4x4 which is really nice, but
doesn't have a trailer hitch for the boat.

easy to install at any dealer... not expensive also...

I have a dodge ram truck and I plan to drive it until it dies more or
less...