John Cairns

Default Flying the a-sail, new album, 10,000 hits.

It does work fairly well reaching, still working out how to properly fly it
with the wind aft. It is a little more difficult without a pole, but my boat
was never set up for one.
John Cairns
"DSK" wrote in message

John Cairns wrote:

http://community.webshots.com/album/46539185ZofbVJ/1

There's nothing wrong with going wing & wing with an A-sail. It's only

faster
to reach back & forth if you can make a significant gain by apparent wind
(which most sprit boats can).

Your sail looks (from what I can see of it) like it was cut more for

reaching,
too. The head is relatively narrow & flat, which is nice in light air

because
it doesn't fold inward & collapse as easily.

My neighbor was out on his H-28, looked like he was taking some pics but

think he missed this.

http://community.webshots.com/album/82970098IXeuDz

You chased him under power? What do you mean, "he disappeared?" I hope you
don't mean sunk without a trace?!?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King