Capt. Frank Hopkins

Default "New" boat comparison - Bayliner vs Larson

Good question. Perhaps an optional or replacement engine? Upon closer
inspection of the pix it looks as though there is corrosion on the
gimbals housing, and the zincs don't look healthy. If the gimbal has any
corrosion, caveat emptor. That chunk of metal costs about 3500.

I looked at the outdrive and bumped the image's gamma to see shadow.

I dunno dude, the drive looks as rough as 80 grit toilet paper to me.

Have a look at it here.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~aartworks/bayliner.html

Capt. Frank

bowgus wrote:
Out of curiosity, why do you suppose the bayliner web includes a pic of a
4.3 litre motor?

"Capt. Frank Hopkins" wrote in message
link.net...

Hi Trevor,
Basically there is no comparison. We are talking apples and oranges. The
Bayliner "Capri" is an entry level boat. Thin hull! A little short on
amenities, Spartan really, and a 4 cyl 130 hp or 135 hp (depends on
which engine is installed) coupled with a basic alpha drive.

The Larson is a high end, well built boat, with a fine reputation. It
includes a 6 cyl 190 hp, and other amenities such as dual batteries (can
save you a tow) and pump-out head. You will also find the items such as
upholstery and in dash instruments are a better quality. You will find
the Larson is a safer, much better built boat which will hold its value
much longer.

Capt Frank

Trevor wrote:

Given both in good condition (survey etc) - might I get some feedback
from this fine group on the following two boats?

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/7/2/50710772.htm

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/4/8/40244748.htm

Thanks much...

tcGb,