[email protected] 345...@gmail.com is offline

Default sea king

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 7:47:28 PM UTC-4, John H wrote:
On Tue, 25 May 2021 13:36:09 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:
On 5/25/2021 9:28 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 5/25/21 9:20 AM, True North wrote:
On Tuesday, 25 May 2021 at 08:36:08 UTC-3, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 5/25/21 6:42 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 5/24/2021 11:27 PM, Dallas Matthews wrote:

hey i have an old 6hp 1966 sea king made by chrysler and im wondering
what gas to oil ratio

A quick Google search says that 24:1 is the consensus. Some people say
that if you are using a modern synthetic you can go to 40:1.

If it were mine, I'd start with 24:1 and see how much it smokes.

Disclaimer:

This response should be considered by the questioner with a full
understanding that I don't know what I am talking about.

.

24 to 1 was a standard mix back in that day. Also pretty standard
was "a half pint to a gallon" Gotta wonder when the last time that
outboard ran...

--
* Lock up Trump and his family of grifters. *

I still have my British Seagull 40 Plus that uses a 10:1 ratio.
Brutal when you have a brisk following wind .
You end up choking on your own heavy blue exhaust smoke.
The 3hp motor with the large fan type thrust propeller was pretty slow.

Diesel fumes on a boat can be brutal, too. I remember the only time I
got ill on a boat was in Jax while on a large, diesel powered fishing
"party boat," and the fumes from the following wind kept blowing back
onto the paying passengers outside the cabin. The smell was awful and so
was the effect. Blech!

No diesel fumes ever on that twin diesel powered trawler you have?

Good one!

Take it easy on him. It was a beta test of Volvo's new odor-free diesels. He was hand picked
because he's the best, most capable captain on the east coast. They gave them
to harry free-of-charge for the test and he sold them for twice what he paid, undermining the
diesel boat engine market on the east coast for nearly two years. His best selling book about it,
"I'm a Treasure In My Own Mind" will be in stores soon.