True North[_2_] True North[_2_] is offline

Default sea king

On Tuesday, 25 May 2021 at 08:36:08 UTC-3, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 5/25/21 6:42 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 5/24/2021 11:27 PM, Dallas Matthews wrote:

hey i have an old 6hp 1966 sea king made by chrysler and im wondering
what gas to oil ratio

A quick Google search says that 24:1 is the consensus. Some people say
that if you are using a modern synthetic you can go to 40:1.

If it were mine, I'd start with 24:1 and see how much it smokes.

Disclaimer:

This response should be considered by the questioner with a full
understanding that I don't know what I am talking about.

.

24 to 1 was a standard mix back in that day. Also pretty standard
was "a half pint to a gallon" Gotta wonder when the last time that
outboard ran...

--
* Lock up Trump and his family of grifters. *

I still have my British Seagull 40 Plus that uses a 10:1 ratio. Brutal when you have a brisk following wind .
You end up choking on your own heavy blue exhaust smoke.
The 3hp motor with the large fan type thrust propeller was pretty slow.