Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default boating post

John wrote:
On Wed, 19 May 2021 20:07:20 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Took the boat to New Melones lake for some bass and trout fishing. Bass
fishing with my new rod, was bad. Not a bite on drop shot and Senko’s. So
went to trolling for trout and Kokanee. First fish I catch is a small
bass. Karma I guess. Kept a couple nice rainbows, released small ones
and couple small Kokanee. First afternoon, coming in to the dock, luckily
was going slow and put in reverse to stop boat and no reverse. Luckily
when I hit ramp, was still slow and is a heavy duty aluminum boat. Shift
cable end rod broke. So next day, only used big motor to go long distance
and then ran kicker for trolling. Nice day, 80 degrees, water was 73.
Went to the lake, which is 2 hour drive instead of to the bay, 20 minutes
away as we seem to have the wind machine on full blast of the month of May.
Is doing wonders for the ocean and salmon, as huge up welling.

Sounds like a good time, even with the problem. Hopefully repairs won't set you
back much.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

$225. Cable on way. Working on Grey water of camper. Valve not shutting
off all the way. Found a piece of plastic from the construction of the
camper in the line. Big piece, so that may be it. Taking a break before
putting it back together.