Default Gasoline Availability Good Locally

On Mon, 17 May 2021 18:04:27 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Sun, 16 May 2021 18:24:16 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Sun, 16 May 2021 09:53:07 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 5/15/21 9:02 PM, wrote:

This is an all electric house. The only utilities coming in are FPL
and the telco.
With 5 pumps running off and on, 2 AC units, a water heater, 2 fridges
and a few PCs going all the time, I can rack up some KWH.

Five pumps? Are you running an aquaculture farm there? We have two heat
pumps, but in the winter the main floor of the house is heated via a gas
furnace with electric backup. Water heaters are gas, stovetop is gas,
fireplaces are gas.

2 pumps for the well. One pool pump, one spa pump for circulation, one
R/O booster pump. There is also a jet pump and heater for the spa but
those are only on when I am using it. That really makes the meter hum.

I can't get gas here or I would have it.
OTOH gas isn't all that cheap here and electricity is. (11c /KWH)
Teco is still recovering the cost of running a pipe from Tampa and
they still haven't expanded into most old neighborhoods. I haven't
really looked into it since I can't get it but at my wife's club the
snowbirds were complaining that gas was a lot cheaper up there. I
remember it being a pretty small bill when I was there.

Gas here used to run about $10 a month, with just the heater. Now with
heater (more efficient model) and a gas dryer, the prices have soared. I
pay about $120 average a month in gas. As electric Is very pricey. I get
an Electric Vehicle rate and pay almost 13 cents a KWh at night, but 42.5
cents peak rate times. If I charged my car during peak times, I figured
the gas equivalent is over $4 a gallon.

I think I would get an electric dryer and only do laundry at night.
;-)

We used to have electric and went to gas when it was cheaper. Before the
solar install. Maybe you stay up 11 pm to 6 am for laundry, but not going
to make wife. Happy wife, happy life.

We are the wrong people to ask. I haven't gone to bed before 2am in 25
years.