Default Best guess?

On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 09:04:54 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 4/4/21 10:44 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 12:56:43 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

What's everyone's best guess as to when downtown offices will re-open in
the non-stupid states? I'm thinking maybe Labor Day...

I betting a lot of offices will never reopen. Employers got a taste of
what it is like, not buying class A office space.
If the employee can maintain productivity at home, it is a win win for
everyone. Obviously the office may be right for some types of business
but certainly not all of them.

As for which states are stupid, time will tell won't it?
My guess is it isn't the office or even the stores that are driving
the covid infections in the Acela corridor and in Chicago, it is mass
transit and other ways those people live on top of each other.
If you are jammed together for 20-30 minutes on a commuter train or in
a bus, that is an instant super spreader, more so than a ball game or
even a movie because you are in a closed space with horrible
ventilation.

We're hoping to avoid airplanes. When Karen starts going downtown again,
I'm pretty sure she'll be driving in. In the meantime and for many
months, she's been "ZOOM" meeting and gotten pretty adept at
face-to-face, group, and presentation meetings.

My life never really changed that much at all over this whole mess. It
turns out everywhere I go is "essential".
Spring break is over so I guess if we are going to see that surge the
clock is running out. In a week, if it isn't here, it isn't coming. I
was at the beach today (water) and they said our breakers left last
week. There was no traffic going there.