Ignoramus30093

Default Need a new truck (advice, please?)

In article , Butch Ammon wrote:
Hello there...

Well, the fateful day is fast approaching. You all know I have that old beatup
'87 Ford Ranger 4x4 (hey it's old, dinged, scratched - but it has
character!)...

My old Ranger has 139,000 miles, automatic tranny is messing up,
it's got a hole in the muffler, the A/C unit hasn't worked in 6-7

You know, I myself never use the A/C.

years, and just now it developed a hairline stress fracture in the
right side front brake rotor. I refuse to pay $300+ bucks to get
new brake rotors - because it's a 4x4 and the labor is a killer.

To get new brake rotors should cost you about $60. You can replace
them yourself in less than an hour.

I replaced brake pads and took rotors for turning ($10 apiece) and
then put them back, took me a little more than an hour of work, but it
was about -5degrees F in the garage. In summer it should be easier.

Anyway, I desperately need a new pickup truck, and one with power to
tow my boat with. I absolutely refuse to get a new truck. I mean,
I won't even look at a 2003 Chevy, Ford, Dodge at around $35,000
only to drive it off the dealer lot and have it worth $28,000 or
thereabouts.

My wife and I have a 99 GMC Jimmy 4x4 which is really nice, but
doesn't have a trailer hitch for the boat.

easy to install at any dealer... not expensive also...

I have a dodge ram truck and I plan to drive it until it dies more or
less...