View Single Post
  #21   Report Post  
posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster

First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jun 2016
Default Russia, Iran Acted to Influence 2020 Presidential Election,Report Says

Wayne B Wrote in message:r
On Thu, 18 Mar 2021 12:56:49 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:Wayne B Wrote in message:r On Wed, 17 Mar 2021 10:58:39 -0400, wrote:On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 23:20:21 -0400, Wayne wrote:On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 22:17:46 -0400, wrote:On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 18:21:03 -0400, Wayne wrote:From the Wall Street Journal:https://www.wsj.com/articles/putin-authorized-influence-operations-to-hurt-bidens-2020-candidacy-report-says-11615918958"Russian President Vladimir Putin authorized operations last yearintended to hurt Joe Biden’s presidential campaign and supportPresident Trump’s re-election while sowing discord to exacerbatetension in the U.S., a U.S. intelligence assessment released Tuesdaysaid."..."Russia’s efforts relied on proxies linked to Russian intelligenceservices, which promoted “influence narratives—including misleading orunsubstantiated allegations against President Biden—to U.S.mediaorganizations, U.S. officials, and prominent U.S. individuals,including some close to former President Trump and hisadministration.”Of course this begs the question of why Putin favored Trump overBiden. Neither the WSJ or the intelligence assessment addressed thatimportant question. There has been speculation in the past thatRussian intelligence had compromising information on Trump but thoseallegations have bever been proven. It's well known however thatRussia helped Trump secure financing for his business interests afterUS banks refused to lend him more funds.What do you say? Let's nuke them. Otherwise it is just the game we have been playing for 75 years withthem. Life's tough, wear a cup.They try to meddle in our politics and we meddle in theirs (that iseveryone, not just Russia and Iran although Iran has the biggestbeef).Since Iran wanted Trump gone, wouldn't they meddle FOR Biden?I don't hearpeople getting upset about that. ===To me the real story is getting to the bottom of why Trump is soft onPutin. Is it business dealings, blackmail or something else?Maybe he just thinks the cold war is over.I understand the war mongers want it to go on forever. It is goodbusiness. The Europeans certainly want the cold war to end. They can use theenergy. We are not going to see those tanks flowing through the FuldaGap. The only thing flowing out of Russia now is oil and gas.===It seems clear to me that Putin's ultimate ambition is to rebuild asmuch of the old USSR as possible, and to regain as much globalinfluence as possible. Neither of those are in our long term bestinterest. I think he saw Trump as a useful idiot out of the old Leninplaybook.Surprised you think that way, unless you got caught up in the fake news, lies, prpoaganda, obstructionism, and smear campaign the far out left was pushing onto their lemmings. Probably more than half the population didn't buy it. We'll never know since the left wing wackos did such a good job rigging the election.===None of those assertions are grounded in fact, and well over half thepopulation saw through Trump's stream of lies and bull****. It wasultimately white, middle class, suburban voters who tipped the balancein the swing states - not exactly left wing wackos.

IT'S OBVIOUS THAT YOU HAVE SUCCUMBED TO THE FAR OUT LEFT BULL****.
i FEEL SO SORRY FOR YOU. :-)
Do you miss him yet? You should.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html