Default Do the math, dummy

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 10:39:36 -0500, John wrote:

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 02:15:47 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 10:37:06 -0500, John wrote:

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 00:13:37 -0500,
wrote:

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 19:58:23 -0500, John wrote:

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 17:27:37 -0500,
wrote:

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 10:49:01 -0500, Wayne B
wrote:

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 10:01:25 -0500, John wrote:

There's no question that pipelines are the safest and most cost
effective way of transporting crude oil. I thought it was a
disappointing, bad decision. On the other hand if that was the cost
of getting Trump out of office, maybe it was worth it. I don't want
my grandchildren growing up in a dictator led banana republic,
supported by a cult of racist crazies.

There you go with the nonsensical bull**** again.

===

It may be nonsense to you but not to a lot of other people. And there
is quite a bit of evidence on my side of the argument. There were
even 7 republicans who had the guts to stand up and let there vote be
counted. It's good to know that sanity, honesty and respect for
democracy prevails in some small corners of the senate.

It's hilarious that you think the military, all of whom have sworn to uphold the
Constitution, would allow someone like Trump to be a dictator.

I'm sure there are some who would believe you.

Show me some evidence that the military, never mind the Secret Service, would
allow such a thing to happen.

I would bet that a closed vote would have shown a lot of observant Democrats
voting not guilty, which would have been the correct vote.
--

===

Trump had already taken steps to co-opt the military during his last 6
months in office, starting with his firing of the secretary of
defense, Mark Esper, along with a lot of other defense advisers that
Trump distrusted.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54880774

https://federalnewsnetwork.com/federal-newscast/2020/12/trump-fires-defense-advisers-replaces-them-with-loyalists-lewandowski-and-bossie/

It's easy to say that a military takeover could never happen here but
it has happened a lot of other places.

Firing the SecDef is a very long way from "taking over the military".
I doubt less than half of the military officers could even name the
SecDef, much less pick him out of a line up.

They could if they pulled guard duty!

Maybe if they worked at the pentagon but I doubt an e3 in Killeen
Texas knows the SecDef from the Post Master General. He might even
think DeJoy is really a general.

Chain of command questions are always asked during Guard Mount, and God help you
if you don't have the correct answer!

That must be a regular army thing. I never had to know the chain of
command much above the district commander and that was a title, not a
name.
This was Navy and Coast Guard. I doubt reservists or Nat Guard folks
even know that once they leave ACDUTRA.

I'll bet the Marines do the same thing.

I spent my first Christmas Eve in the Army guarding a Post Exchange at Ft. Sill,
OK. I was a nice guy back then and took guard for a married guy so he could be
with family.

My roomie was a Marine (He is still a marine, just not my roomie for
you purists).
I never heard anything about knowing about anyone above the Marine
Commandant and the president.
Hell I couldn't even name the base commander when I was in the Navy
school.