True North[_2_] True North[_2_] is offline

Default Wall Street Journal: He may run again, but he won’t win another national election.

On Wednesday, 17 February 2021 at 12:25:26 UTC-4, John H wrote:
On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 05:49:52 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:
On Wednesday, 17 February 2021 at 08:59:40 UTC-4, justan wrote:
Wrote in message:r
On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 20:05:56 -0500 (EST), justan Wrote in message:r On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 11:47:06 -0500, Wayne wrote:On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 11:32:38 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:Wayne B Wrote in message:r https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-non-vindication-11613342554While short of the 67 votes needed to convict, most Republicans didn?tdefend Mr. Trump?s words or actions on Jan. 6 or his attempts tooverturn the election. As we?ve written before, Mr. Trump?s behaviorwas inexcusable and will mar his legacy for all time.That wasthe essence of Sen. Mitch McConnell?s post-trial remarks. TheGOP leader voted against conviction but explicitly because he said theConstitution reserves the impeachment power only for Presidents whilein office. Scholars disagree on this point, and there are goodarguments on both sides. Mr. McConnell leaned on the writing ofthe19th-century Supreme

Court Justice Joseph Story. But he also notedthat impeaching a private citizen had no ?limitingprinciple,? andcould set a dangerous precedent....Mr. McConnell was lacerating in his criticism of Mr. Trump?s words andactions, which he blamed for deceiving and motivating supporters whohad assembled on Jan. 6at thePresident?s urging and became a mob.?Former President Trump?s actions that preceded the riot were adisgraceful, disgraceful dereliction of duty,? Mr. McConnell said.?There?s no question?none?that President Trump is practically andmorally responsible for provoking the events of the day.?He added that the rioters had been ?fed wildfalsehoods by the mostpowerful man on Earth?because he was angry he?d lost an election.?All of this was compounded by Mr. Trump?s failure to act with dispatchto call off the rioters once he heard what was happening. Wayne Wayne Wayne...Trump had no control over the many factions which comprised that sea of souls at the Capital. I'll be in
your neighborhood soon but I'm not sure I could have a civil conversation with you while youareunder this spell.===We'd no doubt have to agree not to talk politics. :-)I'm capable if you are. Weather here is near perfect right now, andwe could probably round up Greg for a beer or lunch with a littleadvance notice.Sure I would like to get out of the house or you folks could meet uphere, sort of neutral ground, since I am a Loonytarian who didn't votefor either of them.i sent you our itinerary. I am not sure where that is.

Just a little ways from you. Aparently you got my note. I like to
keep Fat Harry and any other spooky individuals in the dark. You
never know whos lurking on the internets.
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html

Maybe Greg can take a photo and post on this group. Neither he nor Wayne have anything to hide.
How about you?

How about you?

https://funkyimg.com/i/3aSnG.jpg

I'm thinking you better stay away from motorcycles!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Who is that supposed to be, JohnnyMop?
If it's supposed to be me, y'all better find a new investigator.