Tim Tim is offline

Default Because You're so Nice!

On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 12:53:09 PM UTC-6, John H wrote:
I'll share my new chili recipe. It was a conglomeration of what we had in the
house. Couldn't go to the store because of ice roads, so had to make do. Here's
the recipe I ended up with. Great stuff!

Sirloin Steak Chili
Ingredients
" 1 Tablespoon olive oil
" 2 lbs. sirloin steak, cut into cubes
" 1 large yellow onion, chopped
" 2 green peppers, chopped
" ½ lb dry Anasazi beans (dried pinto beans should work)
" 2 cans Campbells Beef Consomme
" 3 cups water
" 1 bottle Bertolli Garlic and Basil Spaghetti Sauce
" 2 cans mild Rotel tomatoes
" 1 4-ounce can green chilies
" 2 tablespoons chili powder
" 2 tablespoons cumin
" 2 tablespoon smoked paprika
" 2 tablespoon oregano
" 4 cloves garlic
" Salt and pepper to taste
" Sour cream, cheese, and Fritos, for serving
Instructions
1. Preheat the slow cooker on high heat while you prepare the remainder of
the ingredients.
2. Put dried beans, consommé and water in crockpot - stir.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season the
sirloin with salt and pepper, then add it to the oil and allow to brown,
undisturbed, for several minutes. Flip and brown on the remaining sides.
Transfer the steak to the slow cooker and return the skillet to the burner over
low heat. Use the juice from one of your cans of tomatoes or a small amount (1/4
cup) of water to deglaze the pan. Pour the liquid into the hot pan and use a
spatula to scrape up any brown bits. Transfer to the slow cooker.
4. Add the remaining ingredients (besides those used for serving) to the
slow cooker and stir. Cook on low for 8 hours (preferred method) or on high for
4 hours.
5. Serve with sour cream, cheese, Fritos and/or cornbread.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Analysed and filed for future reference. Thanks for posting it, John...