Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Greetings

Mr. Luddite wrote:

Just stopping in to say "hi" to those in rec.boats. Couple of people
communicated via Facebook, so I thought I'd stop by.

I've taken a (refreshing) break from political discussions, stopped
watching the infamous cable networks, and have avoided social media.
Hadn't checked in to Facebook in quite a while.

It has been nice. I realized that other than casting a
vote every couple of years, there's really nothing the average person
can do to influence the
politicians running this country. Sick of listening to all of them ...
and that refers to both the Republicans and the Democrats.

On the plus side, this morning I received the first of two doses of the
Moderna vaccine. MA state rules still require you to be at least 75
years old until March or April but I received an email from the VA
saying they were offering the vaccine to all vets 55 years of age and
up. So, I took a ride over to the VA facility in Brockton and got the
first dose. I'll go back on March 13th for the second.

The longest wait was the 15 minutes they require you to stay after
getting the shot in case of any severe reactions. I had none and still
have none.

Anyhoo, try to keep the peace. Arguing about politics (of which I was
often guilty) serves no useful purpose other than to cause ill feelings
and animosity. I think we have much more pressing issues to be resolved.

Oh ... for you Floridians .... you are welcome. I think as many people
here in MA were rooting for Tampa as they have rooted for the Patriots
in the past.

Hopefully your second shot goes as well. I got the Moderna on Feb. 1, go
back on Mar. 1. Seems as if the fishing group I am part of has sen a
couple days of nastiness after the 2nd. Wife got the Pfizer shot. Seems
as less bad after the 2nd on that one. Whatever. Heard there were good
Super Bowl adverts. Seems as if I rarely watch football these days. Lot
of prima Donna’s. The last few years.