Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default "Reportedly" is another word for...

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 2/13/21 12:23 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 20:24:10 -0500, John wrote:

...BULL****.

As I've said before, 'reportedly' means nothing. Wayne and Harry publish so many
anti-Trump crap with the word 'reportedly' used continuously. Yet they seem to
believe every word.

The Trump defense did a good job making the Dems look like **** today.

This whole kubuki theater is a lot of sound and fury signifying
nothing. Trump is going to be acquitted comfortably and the democrats
will just have given him another win to brag about.
In a way I was hoping he would be convicted so he could sue the
congress and get a SCOTUS decision about ex post facto impeachment
trials. I think we already know how Roberts feels by his failure to
even dignify it with his presence. He is essentially saying this is
not a "presidential impeachment" because if it was he is
constitutionally required to be there.
The article says "Shall" not "May".

Roberts presides over an impeachment trial when the POTUS is still in
office. There's no requirement he do so after the term of the POTUS ends.

Then how can this be an “impeachment “?