posted to rec.boats.sailing,alt.sailing
a425couple a425couple is offline

Default VIDEO: Harder than it looks,,How to Tack and Gybe an F50 //SailGP

On 2/11/2021 1:55 PM, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 10/02/2021 17:50, a425couple wrote:
Neat.

So only the one sail, and it's triangular.
So the sail is kind of same as Hobie Cat.

Looks like all sailors are wearing wet-suits.
And lots of splashing.Â* So you get wet a lot?
Do you ever go out with a passenger?
I take it it is all in salt water?
How far out do you go?
How many months a year do you do it?

Mine can be transported in the back of my
pick-up.Â* And then wheeled from parking lot
to boat ramp with the 'shore wheels'.
A couple of years ago the wife helped me and
we went down to Sand Point
(see similar at nearby:
https://www.sailsandpoint.org/
)
and launched, and sailed across Lake Washington
to near Kirkland and back.
Besides our lake, I have also sailed at Lake Ballinger.
I had contemplated sailing it on Puget Sound,
but an experience of capsizing last year kind of
kills that plan.

I don't wear a wetsuit in summer - but then the lake I usually sail on
is only about 60 acres. Winter is another matter - surface drysuit. I
have a wetsuit for in between.

I don't get splashed a lot, and I rarely capsize. Perhaps I don't try
hard enough. The Solo splashes you a lot less than a Laser, and it's
that little bit higher so you don't have your butt (as you'd say) in the
water all the time.

Usually I sail all year. Our lakes rarely freeze.

This year the government won't let us.

When the kids were small I used to take one of them out with me, but
there isn't really room for much more than a 5yo. They're grown up now,
and never took to any sport really except hiking.
Andy

"This year the government won't let us."

Seriously, that is a bummer!!!

What is the name of your lake?