Default Some good news on the Covid front

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 17:54:18 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 2/11/21 2:54 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 13:28:11 -0500, Wayne B
wrote:

According to Reuters the rate of new Covid infections is trending
sharply downward, and death rates are beginning to drop also.

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/united-states/

Infection rates peaked in the closing days of the Trump presidency and
have steadily improved since then. Death rates will start falling
dramatically also since they lag behind infection rates. Things
should continue to improve as vaccines roll out, and mixed social
media messages get tamped down.

It's good to have some adult leadership for a change.

You really think the president, either one, really has anything to do
with Covid rates?
I am also not sure I pay that much attention to daily stats. That is
like watching a stock day to day. This could just be that testing is
not happening as much in the frenzy to get people vaccinated.
We are also seeing more herd immunity as more people have had it and
recovered. That was credited with the decline in numbers in NY/NJ by a
lot of people watching the stats.

I think Biden has improved the distribution of the vaccine and
apparently has contracted to buy more of it than Trump did. He's also
emphasizing getting the vaccine and protecting oneself. So yes, I think
Biden can have a positive impact on the numbers getting vaccinated and
the numbers of those taking the illness seriously. Oh, and unlike
Trump, Biden isn't minimizing COVID-19.

I haven't really seen the Biden effect at all and neither have any of
the people whining about not getting their shots in spite of two
additional vaccines coming online.
I also didn't see many people taking this serious last weekend. Things
are really about the same around here and it has been the same for 6
months. Masks where I go are probably 85-90% with old Latino men being
the worst, closely followed by young white women smoking a cigarette.