Shen44

Default A tough question for Jeff and Shen44

Seems this one went belly-up .... thanks AOL.

OK Neal, here's a scenario with some questions ....

You're proceeding in the Mother of all Pea-soup fogs (can't see your bow),
sounding one prolong followed by two short blast and hear a fog signal,
someplace forward of your beam (can't exactly tell where, because sound in fog
can be distorted) of one prolong followed by two short.
What is it? Where is it? What's it doing?What must you do? Are we on collision
course? How do you know the answers to any of these questions?

BTW, it's me....EG...now, now .... maybe I bought back that 26' Contessa I
used to own....then again....maybe not. At any rate, I ain'ts got no stinkin
radar, and the wind's a nice steady 12k from the SE (not that the direction
really matters)

Tell me, Neal ....whatcha gonna do....and why?

Oh ... yeah.....when you give me your answers I'll let you know what I'm on
...... Pull a "Neal" here...BTW, never saw the trap you set.

Know how to tell your real close to a big ship in fog? .... When you hear the
echo of your fog signal bouncing off it's side......

Shen