[email protected] 345...@gmail.com is offline

Default T Mobile home router

On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 7:52:18 AM UTC-5, justan wrote:
" Wrote in message:r
On Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 7:36:24 PM UTC-5, justan wrote: Wrote in message:r On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 18:01:27 -0500 (EST), justan Wrote in message:r On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 10:39:23 -0500 (EST), justan Wrote in message:r I just looked and they say it is not available here yetWhy is it better than other routers?Dunno but I know I had to sent the Verison router back because itdidn't work here. I just wanted to see what they said.A router is mostly kind of generic. What feeds it is generally the important interface, ie cable modem, dsl modem, fiber interface etc..These LTE routers have a SIM card and are essentially a phone. WHY IS IT A HOME ROUTER? SOUNDS MORE LIKE A WIRELESS HOTSPOT.If you don't want (or have access to) cable or fiber internet, then cell internet service via a LTE router is your best choice.A LTE router typically has provisions for a wired RJ45 network and is usually stationary. A wireless hotspot doesn't so you have to connect via WiFi and is typically mobile.

YOU ARE PARTIALLY CORRECT. A SIM CARD IS USUALLY ASSOCIATED WITH A
PHONE NUMBER. LTE IS A CELLULAR SERVICE. A WIRELESS HOTSPOT USES
CELLULAR, LATELY LTE IS ONE OF THE CELLULAR PHONES THAT CHOICES.
ALTHOUGH MY HOTSPOT ALLOWS UP TO 10 DEVICES TO BE CONNECTED TO
IT, I CONNECT A TRAVEL ROUTER AND CONNECT MY DEVICES THROUGH IT.
THE TRAVEL ROUTER CAN BE CONNECTED TO THE HOTSPOT A VARIETY OF
WAYS. DEVICES CAN BE CONNECTED TO THE TRAVEL ROUTER A COUPLE OF
WAYS. A TRAVEL ROUTER IS BASICALLY LIKE THE HOTSPOT PORTION OF A
PHONE. IT CAN SAVE LOGON INFORMATION FROM VARIOUS WIFI HOSTS AND
RECONNECT TO THEM AUTOMATICALLY WHEN CLOSE BY. MANY PHONES CAN
SWITCH BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN CELL AND WIFI PHONE SERVICE. MINE
CAN. THERE'S A LOT OF MYSTERIOUS TECHNOLOGY OUT THERE BUT YOU
DON'T HAVE TO UNDERSTAND IT TO USE IT.

Of course, while LTE is a cellular service, cellular service isn't limited to just phone calls. After all, a modern cell phone call is just data.

As part of a work project, I setup an earlier version of one of these a few years ago:

https://www.solidsignal.com/calamp-fixed-portable-fusion-lte-router-3-port-140-9320-100?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=140-9320-100&gclid=Cj0KCQiA0-6ABhDMARIsAFVdQv81vMVgNfRV7rqsMysnbtKe0a7ESjgyxKFY eWj1Z1z7kYjCdqBzydAaAjTFEALw_wcB

It had two SIM card slots and the capability of going on the FirstNet network when it became available (it is now). I had data service from both AT&T and Verizon, and while technically there was a phone number associated with the accounts, there were no call placed through the device. With one of the SIMs I was just another device on the internet. With the other we had it provisioned so that we had a private network with our own range of IP addresses (VLAN) on the cellular network. The use case was an emergency response vehicle. You would drive it to the emergency site, turn on the broadband router, and if you had signal you had a hardwired LAN inside the vehicle for your comm consoles, as well as WiFi for tablets or laptops. They could have access to the internet or just be on a private network back to the main office. Think public safety applications.

What you're doing with a cellular hotspot and a travel router an LTE (broadband) router does with one purpose-built, integrated device. You're taking a slight speed hit because you're going through two routers... one in your hotspot, and another in the separate router. If your hotspot had WiFi and RJ45 ports built into it I suspect you could trash that travel router. Most hotspots seem to be just cell phones with no speaker or microphone.