Simple Simon

Default A tough question for Jeff and Shen44

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message ...
Oh, I forgot that English Major thing you have.

Let me explain in simple words: If a sailboat can move 1600 feet between signals, you
have a circle, 3200 feet in diameter, where the boat could be two minutes later. This is
assuming you could pinpoint its position from the first blast, which is impossible. And
you're saying that the other boat is somehow required to know where the sailboat is.

More ignorance on display. The fog signal is required at
least every two minutes. It can and should be sounded
at shorter intervals by a prudent mariner. If I heard the
fog signal of a motor vessel approaching, you can bet your
boots I would be sounding my fog signal every ten or fifteen
seconds to wake them up if nothing else.