justan justan is offline

Default Everything's up to date...

Wrote in message:r
On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 16:37:16 -0500, Keyser wrote:On 1/27/21 2:57 PM, Bill wrote: Keyser Söze wrote: On 1/27/21 12:35 PM, Bill wrote: Keyser Söze wrote: On 1/27/21 12:11 PM, Bill wrote: Keyser Söze wrote: ...in Oklahoma... The Oklahoma Attorney General?s Office has been tasked with attempting to return a $2 million stockpile of a malaria drug touted by former President Donald Trump as a way to treat the coronavirus. In April, Gov. Kevin Stitt, who ordered the hydroxychloroquine purchase, defended it by saying that while it may not be a useful treatment for the coronavirus, the drug had multiple other uses and ?that money will not have gone to waste in any respect.? But nearly a year later the state is trying to offload the drug back to its original supplier, California-based FFF Enterprises, Inc, a private pharmaceutical wholesaler. Alex Gerszewski, a spokesman for Oklahoma Attorney General Mike Hunter, said this week that the AG?s office was working with the state health department ?to try to figure out a solution.? Gerszewski said Hunter?s office had gotten involved at the request of the Oklahoma State Department of Health. Stitt was criticized last year for the $2 million purchase, a move viewed by some as a partisan move to curry favor with conservatives who were defending Trump amid criticism of his own support of the drug. - - - Bozo Binned: Herring, Bert Robbins, JackGoff 452471atgmail.com, Just-AN-Asshole, Tim, AMDX, and Gunboy Alex, aka the Gang of Dull, Witless, Insult-Tossing Trumpsters. If you are on this list, I don't see most of your posts and I don't read any of them. You complain about that. Governor Newsom ordered a $billion of masks from China, making a down payment of $500 million. 3 months later we still had not received any masks and not sure if we ever got them or the money back. I would say the difference is that Oklahoma was duped by Trump but since Trump is an intellectual cipher, maybe the "duping" was not intentional. I wonder if the California issue you raise has been resolved. Has it? The masks were and are needed, unlike the Trump medication. Speaking of the ex-potus you so admire, I hope his banishment from twitter is permanent. As a national political figure, he has nothing to add to civil discourse. I don't expect the wussie Republicans in the Senate to vote to convict him, but I do have hope federal and state courts will initiate serious criminal cases against Trump. He ordered them from an electrical car maker who had an office in California. They had never made masks. They did return $275 million as they could not get Federal certification of the N95 masks. Which he agreed to pay $3.75 each for. Buy a couple million and should be less than 50 cents. Before the pandemic I paid about that retail at the welding supply for N95 masks. Wonder how much Newsom and his buddies profited? If they didn?t, then he is even a worse businessman than I thought. According to several news articles, California was due to get a refund on the rest of the down payment, to wit: "The $247 million is half of an up-front payment the state made for the contract in April in an unusual move of making a payment before goods were delivered. The state could?ve clawed back all of its up-front payment under the original agreement, but an amendment signed Wednesday gives the company another month to meet the certification. If the masks aren?t certified by May 31, California can get the rest of the payment back in early June." The reason California and other states overpaid for the masks is that they were in very short supply back then. Only a frigg?n idiot would pay a half a billion dollars upfront to a manufacturer for a item they had never made before. Especially at that price! For that kind of,money, we could have built a manufacturing line here in California and both saved money, reduced unemployment, and had a profitable, taxpaying entity. You know, I no more accept your ideas about factory building than I do Fretwell's medical advice. I'm sure the State of California had brighter guys than you around to advise it on the best steps to take when the idiot in the White House wouldn't invoke the Defense Production Act.You seem to believe the DPA empowers the government to compel peopleto build a factory they don't have. All it really does is allowgovernment to take products they would normally be selling to someoneelse. That makes it sound like you think the government can distributeproduct better than the people who have been doing it and fine tuningtheir infrastructure for 50 years.

Are you intentionally making Fat Harry look dumb?
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html