Keyser Söze[_3_] Keyser Söze[_3_] is offline

Default Everything's up to date...

On 1/27/21 12:11 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:

...in Oklahoma...

The Oklahoma Attorney General’s Office has been tasked with attempting
to return a $2 million stockpile of a malaria drug touted by former
President Donald Trump as a way to treat the coronavirus.

In April, Gov. Kevin Stitt, who ordered the hydroxychloroquine purchase,
defended it by saying that while it may not be a useful treatment for
the coronavirus, the drug had multiple other uses and “that money will
not have gone to waste in any respect.”

But nearly a year later the state is trying to offload the drug back to
its original supplier, California-based FFF Enterprises, Inc, a private
pharmaceutical wholesaler.

Alex Gerszewski, a spokesman for Oklahoma Attorney General Mike Hunter,
said this week that the AG’s office was working with the state health
department “to try to figure out a solution.”

Gerszewski said Hunter’s office had gotten involved at the request of
the Oklahoma State Department of Health.

Stitt was criticized last year for the $2 million purchase, a move
viewed by some as a partisan move to curry favor with conservatives who
were defending Trump amid criticism of his own support of the drug.

- - -

Bozo Binned: Herring, Bert Robbins, JackGoff 452471atgmail.com,
Just-AN-Asshole, Tim, AMDX, and Gunboy Alex, aka the Gang of Dull,
Witless, Insult-Tossing Trumpsters. If you are on this list, I don't see
most of your posts and I don't read any of them.

You complain about that. Governor Newsom ordered a $billion of masks from
China, making a down payment of $500 million. 3 months later we still had
not received any masks and not sure if we ever got them or the money back.

I would say the difference is that Oklahoma was duped by Trump but since
Trump is an intellectual cipher, maybe the "duping" was not intentional.
I wonder if the California issue you raise has been resolved. Has it?
The masks were and are needed, unlike the Trump medication.

Speaking of the ex-potus you so admire, I hope his banishment from
twitter is permanent. As a national political figure, he has nothing to
add to civil discourse. I don't expect the wussie Republicans in the
Senate to vote to convict him, but I do have hope federal and state
courts will initiate serious criminal cases against Trump.