justan justan is offline

Default plumbng issues

Wrote in message:r
On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 09:05:53 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:Bill Wrote in message:r Getting a new heater and AC system. When the guy was under house doing theducts, he found two leaks in the water lines. Plumber could not get therefor a week, so decided I had to crawl under and do the job. Leaking pipeto a Union and a leaking sweated joint. Water still dripping from lines,so near impossible to solder. Used Sharkbite connectors. Fabulousinvention.Sharkbite, PEX, and other relatively new plumbing materials are good things to know about. I was thinking of using PVC to run air compressor air lines around the perimeter of my garage until I read some horror stories about that material and decided to use PEX instead. I used a number of Sharkbite fittings but I had trouble sealing one particular PEX to 1/2 NPT Sharkbite fitting. in this case I used a Flair-it brand plastic fitting instead. It screws together; no tools required.Maybe I build for the next millennium but my shop air is running ingalvanized, gas rated pipe. (Gas rated only means the inside is lesslikely to flake off). That is also what they use for Nat Gas andPropane if it isn't plastic or CSST. Black iron rusts up here.

My camper is all PEX and my house is all CPVC. I found a 100 ft.
roll of white Sharkbite (same as PEX) at Lowes. Installation was
quick, easy, and cheap. Pressure rated at 200 psi. will split
rather than shatter. I have not projected mu needs into the next
millenium. I also Remember the sage investment advice given to
Benjamin Braddock in 1967.
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html