Default More Riots!

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 16:24:07 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 1/22/21 1:18 PM, Wayne B wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 10:56:13 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 1/22/21 10:35 AM, Wayne B wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 07:18:12 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

Wayne B Wrote in message:r
On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 20:15:08 -0500, John wrote:Or, Wayne and Harry, are these just 'peaceful protests' instigated by

Trump?https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/21/us/protests-portland-seattle-biden.htmlhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/inauguration-day-protests-in-portland-seattle-turned-violent-11611260877How do you explain that ****? Note that a Federal courthouse was attacked, butno one was shot.Wow.===Wow indeed. Were there members of
congress inside the courthousetrying to carry out the constitutional process of certifying thepresidential electoral college votes? Were the rioters incited by thePOTUS in an attempt to overturn his election defeat?None of that excuses mob violence of course, no matter where and whyit happens. I'm also thinking that Portland
needs to make a concertedeffort to identify and arrest some of these hooligans. I suspectthey've got a hard core group of repeat offenders that should be dealtwith.

Do we have any numbers yet on the dwindling population of NYC, NY
State, California, and Washington State. Just curious. My
unscientific poll says a significant number of NYers and Fornians
are moving to Florida.

===

Florida has been a popular retirement destination for New Yorkers for
more than 70 years. Over here on the left coast most of our newcomers
are from the mid-west. I call it the I-75 pipeline effect. There has
definitely been a move out of New York City. Between Covid, high tax
rates and crime, there have been a lot of reasons to leave. My oldest
son and his wife have done that, turning their summer home out east
into their year round residence, and working from home.

I gave up trying to convince my wife that my favorite little Connecticut
town, Milford, would be a great place to retire. She's a Southern belle,
and cannot tolerate the winter cold there or the water temperature of
the Sound for swimming in the summer...too cold for her.

Neither of us want to return to Florida. Number One on our "hit list"
are a couple of areas just west of Savannah. Hilton Head is still nice,
but it is pretty congested these days and we noticed that for months at
a time, from spring through September at least, the auto traffic is very
heavy all around the island and just off of it. If you go off-island,
the traffic wait to get back on it is lengthy and annoying. Also, a lot
of the island is looking worn-out. Plus, Georgia seems a bit more
socially progressive than South Carolina, as evidenced that in the
recent elections there, a black minister and a Jew were elected to the
U.S. Senate, both Democrats.

===

We know a number of people who have left Florida for various reasons.
Popular destinations seem to be Tennessee, Georgia and the mountain
areas of North Carolina near Asheville. We also know a few who have
gone full time RVing.

I doubt we could tolerate Tennessee politically. Wife has a couple of
relatives near Asheville she visits. RVing has no appeal.

The only way I could see RVing is if I was left all alone and decided
to do the Sal Paradise thing but I suspect I would end up just coming
back here and parking it after a while. I really like this place.

I would need to find a Deena tho. I prefer the company of women.