justan justan is offline

Default My Tacoma at 50,000 miles...

Wrote in message:r
On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 16:48:59 -0500, Keyser wrote:Finally had to spend more than I usually do on oil and filter changes...needed front brake pads and had the rotors turned...$201. Probably have to pop for four tires at 60,000. It's certainly been a no-drama vehicle so far. That is the way cars are now. I have had my Honda for almost 20 yearsand I haven't done dick to it. At this point an oil change mightdouble the value ;-)

Mine is 12. I treat it to an oil change once a year weather it
needs it or not. I replaced 1 strut because it was leaking a bit.
Brakes are original. Emergency brake got dragged about 200 miles.
Needless to say the pads were worn to metal and the drums were
well grooved. I finally got around to fixing them last year. $29
for new shoes. Took a drum sander on an electric drill to the
grooved brake drums using the grooves as a guide to removing
material. Good to go now. I'm on my 5th set of tires. The
odometer shows less than half the rolling miles. Hondas are good
cars.
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html