Jeff Morris

Default Alien Sail

Doesn't count - it may be better than nothing when you really need it, but how do you
adjust it? BTW, my first radar had remote control, so I could actually use it that way.
It was mounted in the bulkhead behind a hatch, so it was effectively in the cockpit though
weather protected. Yours may be visible by someone on the opposite side of the cockpit,
but it certainly isn't usable by the helmsman.

And while Oz may have a point that it doesn't take constant practice to master a compass,
radar is not something you can learn by playing with it a couple of times. If you had a
new radar, it would at least be self adjusting, but without practice you'll never get a
usable image.

Face it, its a neat toy you'll never master. But it may increase the value of the boat.

"CANDChelp" wrote in message
It really doesn't matter in your case - you moved the radar below so you can't
actually
use it when its needed

It's clearly visible from the cockpit and I rarely sail alone anyway.

Next?

RB