Tim Tim is offline

Default Bad breaak in the Bahamas...

On Saturday, January 2, 2021 at 8:41:18 PM UTC-6, Wayne B wrote:
On Sat, 2 Jan 2021 15:21:05 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:
a way overloaded 29' sport fisher goes down with 20 people on board. Coast Guard rescue gives up on finding survivors....

https://wgntv.com/news/search-suspen...Z0SxruZ05V4iXI

===

Even 70 and 80 footers are reluctant to cross the Gulf Stream on a day
with strong northerly winds. The seas can be unbelievably large,
large enough to be easily seen from 35,000 feet up. An overloaded 29
footer would have little chance of surviving a crossing like that.

I remember the size of my 27 ft Chris Craft and on a calm lake, 10 people on it was plenty for any kind of comfort, let alone safety....