Jeff Morris

Default Alien Sail

As I've said, I don't always have a chart on deck in the inner harbor - 3 or 4 miles. And
I can do a fair job of drawing a pilot's chart for the outer harbor from memory - as I'm
sure you could for your home waters.

I keep remembering an incident about 12 years ago in Boston: a club boat, a Soling, was in
the outer harbor in the Fall I think, and ran aground on a spit that uncovers at half
tide - Brewster Spit, for those that know the harbor. They ended up dying of exposure
that night. It turned out they did not have a chart with them.

"Cappy Kicker" Cappy_kicked_all_over_ ASA wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:05:27 -0400, "Jeff Morris"
jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote:

No. Oz is afraid to use them because they might go yellow on him!

Hell, they'd be worn out in 6 months if I used em every time I cast
off fot a daysail around waters I've been sailing for 45 years!!

"CANDChelp" wrote in message
Good God! Don't tell me you still use paper charts in Oz? Well no wonder!

Paper charts don't work anymore? They don't make batteries for them?

RB

Oz1...of the 3 twins.