Keyser Söze[_3_] Keyser Söze[_3_] is offline

Default Words to warm Harry's heart

On 3/3/14 3:50 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 3/3/14, 3:39 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Pope Francis on hell and Adam and Eve:

“Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have
gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer
believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is
incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a
friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to
embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary
device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all
souls ultimately will be united in love with God.”

He further added:

“All religions are true, because they are true in the hearts of all
those who believe in them. What other kind of truth is there? In the
past, the church has been harsh on those it deemed morally wrong or
sinful. Today, we no longer judge. Like a loving father, we never
condemn our children. Our church is big enough for heterosexuals and
homosexuals, for the pro-life and the pro-choice! For conservatives and
liberals, even communists are welcome and have joined us. We all love
and worship the same God.”

I think the current Pope is taking needed steps in the correct directions.

But not in the direction that will endear him to "evangelical" christian
protestants.

--
Bozo Binned: Herring, Bert Robbins, JackGoff 452471atgmail.com,
Just-AN-Asshole, Tim, and Gunboy Alex, aka the Gang of Dull, Witless,