John[_6_] John[_6_] is offline

Default Words of Wisdom From an Unexpected Place

On Fri, 1 Jan 2021 18:08:10 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Justan " wrote:
On 1/1/21 1:31 AM, Bill wrote:
wrote:
On Fri, 1 Jan 2021 01:40:40 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Thu, 31 Dec 2020 23:44:38 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Wayne B wrote:
On Thu, 31 Dec 2020 21:02:31 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Wayne B wrote:
On Thu, 31 Dec 2020 10:26:54 -0800 (PST), marika
wrote:

I want my own dock, other factors are less important

I have to live somewhere
why not shoot for the moon, but i will settle

===

Basically you need to be on a canal in order to have a dock with
adequate storm protection. There are lots of possibilities in south
west Florida: Punta Gorda Isles, Cape Coral and Ft Myers spring
immediately to mind.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Punta-Gorda-Isles_Punta-Gorda_FL

https://www.zillow.com/cape-coral-fl/waterfront/

https://www.zillow.com/fort-myers-fl/waterfront/

Pretty reasonable property.

===

Very reasonable by California standards, and also compared to the
northeast.

My 1973 2450’ house is about $1.3 million now. A local 5000’ 1900 built
house on 2nd street just sold for $3.3 million. But is the one in the
early Rebecca of Sunny brook Farm movie.

That is another incentive to move away. You could buy a castle down
here for 3 million.

I don’t do well in high humidity.

How do you feel about snow ?

Nice to drive to for an afternoon. Maybe a weekend. We see snow here.
Fact is we looked at snow this morning, on top of Mr. Diablo. Which is
about 4000’ and we are at 420’ elevation.

Snow on city streets results in videos to be taken that rival a Three
Stooges movie.

I have lived in snow. Spent a year in Dayton, OH for schooling. Arrived
through an 11” blizzard in January and left the day after the first
snowfall of the next winter. Highest point in Ohio is only 1504’. Does
not make for great downhill skiing. I also lived in Denver for 3 months of
winter.

I spent several years on my Grandfather's farm in Minnesota. Had to climb over
the porch roof with a shovel to get us out of the house a couple times. Lotsa
snow in Minnesota!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!