Default Words of Wisdom From an Unexpected Place

On Thu, 31 Dec 2020 17:42:00 -0800 (PST), marika
wrote:

On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 3:49:25 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Thu, 31 Dec 2020 13:50:23 -0500, Wayne B
wrote:

On Thu, 31 Dec 2020 10:26:54 -0800 (PST), marika
wrote:

I want my own dock, other factors are less important

I have to live somewhere
why not shoot for the moon, but i will settle

===

Basically you need to be on a canal in order to have a dock with
adequate storm protection. There are lots of possibilities in south
west Florida: Punta Gorda Isles, Cape Coral and Ft Myers spring
immediately to mind.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Punta-Gorda-Isles_Punta-Gorda_FL

https://www.zillow.com/cape-coral-fl/waterfront/

https://www.zillow.com/fort-myers-fl/waterfront/

Yup it gets back to "it's only money". There are nice houses in Port
Royal if you hit that Mega Millions or Power Ball this week.

A pre FIRM house on the river here (the Heights) will go $600k and
up. If it is above FEMA add $200k to that. You save about $100k on a
canal.
PGI is probably the cheapest but you need to bring your own money.
Employment up there is tough. A lot also depends on how long you want
to idle before you can go. That is why our neighborhood is nice. If
you are on the west side you have a short canal, then it is "Safe
Normal Operation". I have a little more idling in the river, about
1000 yards and I am as far east as it gets in our neighborhood.

That is all very good information. I assume Port Royal is South Carolina. (not Jamaica)

Thank you

Naples Fl.