Keyser Söze[_3_] Keyser Söze[_3_] is offline

Default Why I like Apple, continued.

On 12/30/20 1:29 PM, Wayne B wrote:
On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 10:11:12 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

Took a bit longer than usual, but I heard back from Apple with the
definitive answer that it will be shipping me a replacement iPad. The
analysis was that the charging port was indeed defective, and the on-off
switch was also out of spec, but working. So my iPad will be going to
the refurb factory and a new or refurb'ed unit will be shipped to me
this week and with the holiday, probably arrive next week. My first
Macbook was a refurb from Apple many years ago, and I couldn't tell it
from brand-new, so whatever I get back will be fine, with a new machine
warranty and eligible for AppleCare.

If this were a Dell or HP unit, I'd still be on the phone with the tech
guy reading off a script from Pakistan or India.

===

I've had very good results with HP equipment; rarely needing service
of any kind. Dell, not so much.

I have had some issues with HP gear and tech support over the years. If
I buy another printer, it won't be an HP. Dell tech support is pretty
terrible.

--
Bozo Binned: Herring, Bert Robbins, JackGoff 452471atgmail.com,
Just-AN-Asshole, Tim, and Gunboy Alex, aka the Gang of Dull, Witless,