Alex[_23_] Alex[_23_] is offline

Default Anyone else using an LTE (cell based) home router?

Wayne B wrote:
On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 20:04:06 -0500, wrote:

I have one on a 2 week trial. So far it is not horrible and around
twice as fast as my DSL. Tacked on our family bill, it is cheaper than
Comcast or DSL.
When 5G finally rolls out here it will really be fast.
It gives me mixed emotions now about 5G. It will kill my trusty old
flip phone but my internet will go a lot faster.
I am just not sure when all of that will happen. The last I heard, we
were not even on the schedule yet.

===

I've been using an LTE router on the boat for a long time. More
recently I've just configured my T-Mobile phone as a WiFi hotspot
which effectively does the same thing.

The speed is less that the dedicated hot spot, right?