Default Tomorrow is "Safe Harbor Day"

On Mon, 7 Dec 2020 18:05:34 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

From Yahoo:

As the lumbering process of American democracy moves forward, any
lingering illusions that Donald Trump has a chance of a second term as
president are about to evaporate, and many of his own staffers and
supporters are beginning to acknowledge it.

Tuesday marks the arrival of “safe harbor” day, the deadline set by
federal law for states to resolve challenges to election results,
locking in the 538 electors who will meet in their state capitols to
vote on Dec. 14. All of the battleground states contested by the Trump
campaign — Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona, Nevada and
Georgia — have certified results showing Joe Biden as the winner.

The final step before Biden is inaugurated on Jan. 20 is for Congress to
meet on Jan. 6 to receive the Electoral College votes and declare a
winner. Although Rep. Mo Brooks, R-Ala., has said he plans to challenge
Biden’s victory, the process is basically a formality.

The clock is ticking on Trump's resignation.

I have it 50:50 it is between 12/14 and 12/25.
The idea is out there floating that he will go to Mar A Lago for
Christmas and not come back. Maybe Tweet his resignation.
(with more than a little profanity)
That sounds right.
The "never Trumpers" get their wish.
See Harry, There is a Santa Claus.

His followers will say "****in A"

The news people will be frantic.

Pence gets his 3 weeks in the spotlight.
He will even be in the ex presidents club. That may be the best way to
be president if you can get your fill of the bull**** in 3 weeks.

The pardon will drive a stake through the heart of his political
career but he has already been president, what more do you want?
He can write a book and there are 170 million potential customers for
the pardon alone. That is how these guys get rich. Then there are the
$250k lunch appearances. Usually paid by lobbyists and PACs.

I doubt Donnie shows unless it is in one of his hotels.
OTOH that President's club has a great way of forgetting grudges. They
might enjoy being comped at a nice Trump Golf Course resort. I know
the Clintons used to love it. Maybe Chelsea will make up with Ivanka.

**** ... Trump might become the Orange Bush brother.
(We have a tan one and Billy Bro #4)