Justan O. Justan O. is offline

Default Tomorrow is "Safe Harbor Day"

On 12/7/20 7:57 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
Wayne B wrote:
On Mon, 07 Dec 2020 19:23:32 -0500, John wrote:

On Mon, 7 Dec 2020 18:05:34 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

From Yahoo:

As the lumbering process of American democracy moves forward, any
lingering illusions that Donald Trump has a chance of a second term as
president are about to evaporate, and many of his own staffers and
supporters are beginning to acknowledge it.

Tuesday marks the arrival of “safe harbor” day, the deadline set by
federal law for states to resolve challenges to election results,
locking in the 538 electors who will meet in their state capitols to
vote on Dec. 14. All of the battleground states contested by the Trump
campaign — Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona, Nevada and
Georgia — have certified results showing Joe Biden as the winner.

The final step before Biden is inaugurated on Jan. 20 is for Congress to
meet on Jan. 6 to receive the Electoral College votes and declare a
winner. Although Rep. Mo Brooks, R-Ala., has said he plans to challenge
Biden’s victory, the process is basically a formality.

Will you and Wayne shut the **** up then?

===

I'd be just as happy if no one talked about politics in this group but
we know that's not going to happen. We just don't have enough boaters
left here anymore to carry on a decent discussion unfortunately. It's
too bad because at one time we had quite a lot of experience
represented and I learned a lot in the early days of my conversion
from sail to power back in the 90s. I still keep in touch with some
of them via facebook.

I have a boating/fishing buddy from St. Augustine I keep in touch with on
FB, along with scores of old buddies going back to grammar school days. FB
is great for that.

Hopefully, Facebook will be dismembered soon.

--
Don't Forget Ukraine. Don't Trust Joe.