Default Signatures needed on petition to evaluate and stabilize the Arecibo radio telescope

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 21:32:55 -0500, B wrote:

In article ,
says...
I agree but it's possible there was a funding issue. NSF facilities
are constantly struggling for budget dollars. There are newer radio
telescopes that have come online since Arecibo was built and they
might have had a higher funding priority.
There are more capable receivers but Arecibo could also transmit.
I agree the best chance will be if some rich people decide to take
over the project. If they rebuild this with current technology they
would really have something cool.

Soros and the Hollywood elite should fund it. That way they'd be doing something worthwhile with their money instead of funding the liberal idiot politicians that they do.

Soros and the leftist elites won't get involved because there is no
destroying capitalism and buying of votes in it.

I don't see any of those guys coming up with the money. Someone like
Musk or Gates might tho. You might even get Buffett interested.