Simple Simon

Default A tough question for Jeff and Shen44

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message ...
"Simple Simon" wrote in message

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message

news
I'm not sure if you have some special spin on the phrase "legally made to", but if

your
refusal to start the engine when it was clearly appropriate caused an accident, you

could
be wholy liable.

Not so. Since an engine is NOT a requirement a working engine is also
not a requirement. All one need claim is the engine would not start and
one would be in the clear. There is no legal requirement to have a working
engine on a sailboat.

You're actually telling us that you don't have abide by the rules because you'll simply
perjure to avoid prosecution? I think we can see now how you aquired your "sea time"!

The point is that whether one says the motor won't start
or the motor, indeed, won't start has the very same result.
You cannot legislate a working motor in a sailboat.